Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Blue and Grey





And so it begins...it's 11:00 and I have forgotten to take a picture. So I pick up my camera and shoot the first thing I see, a grey comforter and Mark's blue cycling jersey.

I'm finding it hard to be as creative at the outset with this new year. The first time around I seemed to see good ideas everywhere. I'm going to have to push myself to make better pictures this time. I guess I don't mind having a dud every now and then, if I keep up with posting every day. But I also need to take the time to be creative and put some effort into learning new things. I think I have a good eye, but I can't depend on that to make good pictures every time. I need to learn new skills, practice new techniques and learn more about using my camera to get the effects I want. I also want to work on being more expressive with my pictures.

Well, I have plenty of time to work on these things. 7 days down, 358 to go...

No comments: