Saturday, October 27, 2007

Bill Sauer Field

Friday, October 26, 2007









I'm in Logan this weekend celebrating the last home game at Logan High School's Bill Sauer Field. Well, it would have been the last home game, except they won, which means they will play on this field one more time, but this was the big celebration. They're tearing down the school next summer and building a new one out in the country. This is a big deal because the school on the "Hilltop" has been a tradition in this town for a long, long time. My parents, grandmother and great grandmother all went to school in this same building that I went to. And football is as big a deal here as in any small midwestern town, so this last home game on the Hilltop was a big event.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Be sure that when they tear it down your mother and you go together and get a brick...your child can then have a piece of the heritage too. My mother did that when a VERY old bridge in my hometown in Virginia was replaced with a new one. That old bridge was a part of my family history...but a school that has housed and educated three generations of a family- everyone will want a piece of that.