Monday, December 14, 2015

Front Porch


The sun came out a bit on and off late this afternoon. It's such a rarity for me to have some good light to get an interesting picture at this time of year. And even harder this time around than the first time I did this project, because I don't have the time or the flexibility I had then (before kids).

I have to say I've been pretty disappointed in my pictures so far with this project, but I'm trying to be kind to myself and remind myself that a) it's been a while since I've really made any effort with my photography and b) with two little kids and a job, I just don't have the ability to put as much time and effort into getting good shots.

My hope is that making myself take pictures every day, even if I don't have time to make them really great, will at least help me to pay more attention to my surroundings and encourage me to stop and take some pictures when I see something interesting. And, as I mentioned in an earlier post, I want to find my voice as a photographer. I hope that as I keep going, my technical skills will improve, as well as my artistic expression.

No comments: