Monday, September 10, 2007

Peaceful Blur






Today wasn't an "I forgot to take a picture" kind of day, it was an "I didn't feel like taking a picture" kind of day. To quote one of my favorite YouTube videos, "I'm feeling cranky and pubescent today and I don't know why..." But this evening I laid down on the floor next to Mark (who is worn out from the backpacking trip he took over the weekend) and snapped some pictures. I knew this one was blurry, but I pressed the shutter-release down long enough to override my camera's this-picture-is-blurry-so-I'm-not-going-to-take-the-picture feature (aaarrggh I want a better camera) and got this. When I saw it on the computer screen it actually made me feel a bit calm and peaceful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is the balance of shapes, the light of the color, the shading and the shapes themselves that offer peace and tranquility. There is a sensuality here, almost human forms as if curled for sleep (upper right almost a curve of a shoulder). How like God in our lives, that when we least expect or perhaps deserve it He brings beauty, offers peace, softens the harshness of life for a little while.

Bless you!

RD