Saturday, March 27, 2010

Labyrinth Necklace

Tuesday, March 23, 2010


I love labyrinths.  There is one at Ursuline College that I have used several times.  The first time I did it there was a card provided that described what a labyrinth is.  On the card was a quote from St. Augustine: "The best way to still your mind is to move your body."  Walking through a labyrinth while meditating on a prayer or scripture verse is a great way to still my mind enough to hear from God.

I have two labyrinths: this necklace given to me by my friend, Becca, and a "finger labyrinth" given to me by my friend Katharine. That one came with a stylus that you can use to trace the path.  Even that can help bring focus to my mind which always seems to be going a million miles a minute.

Konica Minolta DiMage Z6
1/5s
f/3.2
ISO 160
10.3mm

No comments: