Monday, August 13, 2007

Butterfly and Flowers






While mom, Sarah and the kids were at the Y this morning I walked across the street to a garden center to take some pictures. They had an area planted with lots of pink flowers and there were dozens of bumble bees and butterflies flitting around. I sat on a rock and took lots of pictures--until my battery died. Aaarrghh. I could have sat there much longer. It was quite nice to sit in the shade and wait for the winged bugs to come close enough for me to snap a photo. I did get some nice ones--but oh all the ones I saw after my batteries were dead!

On another note, I have really come to rely on Microsoft Photo Manager. I don't like messing much with my pictures digitally--other than cropping and clicking "Autofix" I hardly ever do anything. But when I'm visiting friends I have to deal with whatever photo editing software they have, and I miss my familiar Photo Manager. If I were going to print my pictures and try to sell them I suppose I might want to figure out a more sophisticated editing program. But I saw some "digitally enhanced" pictures for sale at the Y today, and I didn't like them at all. It looked like someone had just taken pictures that weren't all that good and did some digital manipulating to make them look artsy. Not for me...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

You are right... take good pictures in the first place. Don't try and make bad pictures better because it doesn't work.

Looking forward for your next picture!