Saturday, April 7, 2007

Best?






My hope with this blog was to take several pictures each day and then pick the best one to post. I thought my first pictures were pretty good, and I felt some pressure to try and keep up the same quality. Alas, today's pictures didn't live up to my expectations, so it made for a tough decision.

The question of picking the "best" picture turns out to be kind of complicated. Is the best picture the one that is visually the most pleasing? Or is it the one that says the most about the day? The one I had the most fun taking? The one that I think other people will be the most impressed by?

Today I took some pictures of the miserable weather (well, it wouldn't be miserable if it was the middle of December, but it's the middle of April...), which said a lot about the day. I took some of Mark doing yoga, which were a lot of fun. I'm not sure any of my pictures would impress anyone. In the end I picked the picture that I thought looked the nicest. Maybe on future days I'll pick a different definition of "best".

1 comment:

Lynne said...

I like your contemplations of "best". I have a very similar looking chair to the one in today's picture at my house. :-)